This three month fixed term contract is to support the Communications team during a very busy period. You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of communications strategies for specific events, working alongside the rest of the team. You will deliver communication plans that are aligned to the business’s brand and strategic priorities. Working closely with colleagues across customer communications you will deliver campaigns with the primary objectives of increasing the profile of the brand / event and generating entries. All activity must follow the tone of voice guidelines and embody our brand values to inspire our customers to be their greatest.
Some key accountability will include:
- Work with the Communications team to support the delivery of the Great Stirling Castle Run, the Great Bristol 10k and the Great North Swim.
- Lead delivery of the media relations and content creation element of the above events, including but not limited to;
- Work with established media partners to develop relationships
- Arrange editorial content
- Research and develop human interest stories for editorial use and across our owned channels
- Manage local media opportunities to generate PR
- Write and distribute press releases to local and national press
- Manage media requests pre-and post-event
- Organise and manage the pre-event press conferences (where applicable)
- Act as a host for the media on event days
- Build relationships in the event regional market including, but not limited to;
- Regular contact with location partners and their comms and marketing teams
- Liaise with high profile local charities to capitalise on their audiences
- Identify local influencers to engage
- Work with Marketing Manager to approach destination marketing organisations and attractions for cross promotional opportunities
- Degree educated with experience of working in a PR role as an account manager.
- Experience of content strategy and content production
- Confident with strong communication skills
- Proven organisational skills
- Experience of working to and meeting tight deadlines
- Good written and presentation skills
- Creative thinker
- Attention to detail
- Interest in sport in general
- Experience of having worked within a fast paced environment
•This is a 3 month fixed term contract
•You must be willing and available to work on the weekend of 11 January in Stirling and the weekend of the 3 May in Bristol, expenses covered.
•Flexibility for this to be a part time or full time role during the fixed term
Equal Opportunity Statement
Nova International is an equal opportunities employer. Please remember to remove your date of birth information before applying for this role.